Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Thing

I'm forgetting something. But what?

I wish I knew, and I feel like it's something really, really important.

I've been on a quest to remember The Thing all week. I think about it when I first wake up, on the ride to work, and during meetings when I should be paying attention.

I stay up at night trying to remember, and I end up going to bed much later than I should.

I constantly check e-mails, in the hopes that something will jog my memory. I look for it 0n Facebook, Twitter, and even Words with Friends.

Okay. So I know I won't find it playing Words with Friends, but I can't help it. I'm addicted.

Looking for The Thing has seriously impeded my ability to focus. This blog has taken me longer to write than usual because I keep getting distracted. It seems like I'm supposed to be doing something else.

In my search, however, I've remembered a whole bunch of other things. I contacted an old friend and scheduled lunch for next week. I brought in some Tupperware I've been meaning to give to a coworker, and I finally made good on my promise to design some letterhead.

But The Thing is still out there.

Well, when I find out what it is, I'll let you know. For now, Words with Friends is calling. I have several heated battles going.