Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Random Thoughts

I wasn't a mixed-up Momma this week, but I was certainly a really busy one. I'm not sure where the week went. There were some things happening this past week that I've wanted to blog about, but clearly I did a bad job of making time for it. So here's a list of really random thoughts.

Green Eggs and Ham. E is learning to read, and she wanted to join the library's summer reading club. For every 12 books she reads, she earns a prize. We got a late start (surprise, surprise), so now we are scrambling to finish the second tier with only a few days left. She picked out Green Eggs and Ham at the library earlier this week. I hadn't read that book since I was a kid, and I don't remember it being 62 pages. What the heck was Dr. Seuss thinking? It took nearly an hour for her to get through that. You know I marked credit for two books.

Daycare Negotiations. Yesterday morning, I watched a mother stand on the parking lot and beg her two-year-old son to go into the school. "What's wrong? Why are you angry with me? You have to talk to Mommy. Get your feelings out."

Really?

My mom would have snatched me out of the car and dragged me into the school kicking and screaming. And I know I've left my kid there crying when she's in one of her moods. Everyone has their own style, I guess.

Greasy Fried Chicken. Hubby forgot that I was working late. When I got home, I thought I smelled fried chicken. About 20 minutes later, I heard the telltale click my oven makes when it's been on for a while. He left dinner warming for me. Fried chicken from the worst fried chicken chain on the planet. I was about to put the food away, but I wanted to show my hubby that his kind gesture wasn't for naught. I ate a small piece out of gratitude, and I was rewarded with indigestion for the next 18 hours. Note to self: Go with the first instinct.

Try Harder. To all my sistas who are well endowed, please know that you cannot leave the house without a bra. That option just is not for you. And you certainly shouldn't sit in the front of my class with your shirt open. It will not score you any extra credit points. As my friend's mother used to say, "You have to try harder."

That's all I've got for now. Catch you later!