Monday, August 12, 2013

Fabulous Me: Ode to Denim

I give very little detail about my job on the blogosphere. There's a very good reason for that. We have a blogging policy and I value my paycheck.

I work in the communications field, and our office has been business casual for years. Denim was on the no-no list until about a year ago. We were given the green light to wear it on Fridays only. Last week, management announced that we can wear denim any day of the week, as long as we use our best judgement.

There was a denim jacket in my office from a casual Friday. As soon as I left the staff meeting, I put it on. If I had some confetti, I would have thrown it. I love denim.

I've heard arguments on both sides of the denim-at-work argument. Some say that it hinders productivity and professionalism, others say that denim makes employees happy. And happy employees are more productive. I tend to agree with the latter.

Plus, did I mention that I love denim?

In honor of my job's new dress policy, I'm wearing denim to work every day this week. I'll post the pics on Friday for you to see.

What do you think about denim at the office? How do you dress it up to make it work appropriate?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad